- China: Wealth But Not Freedom - I wonder how long this can go on. Indefinately, perhaps, if most people feel satisfied with State actions and it maintains its legitimacy.
- Supposed change in Apple policy has e-book fans worried about their apps - As someone who regularly buys books from Amazon for the iPad Kindle, I'd hate this.
- All abstract strategy discussions are useless - "Strategy is worth thinking about if it causes you to make difficult or non-intuitive decisions."
- Can Government Manage the Economy? - And no, the question isn't rhetorical
- The unearned follow - Nice introspection from Robert
- Chris Heathcote: anti-mega: 40p off a latte. - Wonderful look at what personalized commerce and offerings realy ought to be like
- Obamacare and the constitution: Anthony Kennedy, a nation turns its angry eyes to you - Many thought this challenge would go no where.
- How APIs Are Changing The Way Brands Connect With Consumers - APIs and Brands? They've jumped the shark, maybe.
- Multi-Tenant Data Architecture - An oldie, but a goodie.
- Should we trust Bill Keller? - I have to admit, I didn't even know who Bill Keller was...
- Apple to Tighten Control on Content - More on Apple and its moves to control content on iOS devices
- Cornfield Socialism - Pot, Kettle, Black
- Senator: domain name seizures "alarmingly unprecedented" - "the domain name seizure process does not appear to give targeted websites an opportunity to defend themselves before sanctions are imposed."
- The BCS Turing Lecture with Prof Donald Knuth - Nice report on what Knuth's saying
- The Disruption of Bronze - Bronze was where it was at. Iron was a not so good technology. Classic disruption.
- \tJobs, But No Qualified Applicants - The problem with changing needs in the economy is that reeducating people takes a long time.
- Space stasis: What the strange persistence of rockets can teach us about innovation - You've got to love Neal Stephenson...long book or short piece.
- Exodus from Egypt - I'm looking forward to Doug's promised second article. And don't miss my podcast with him.
- The Personal Data Locker Vision Video - This vid is worth watching. It lays out the vision very nicely.
- Students: You Are Probably Not Mark Zuckerberg, So Stay In School - Education is a worthwhile backstop to your billion dollar idea...just in case
- The Personal Cloud - Drummond lays out a vision for personal data stores
Reading for February 8, 2011
Please leave comments using the Hypothes.is sidebar.
Last modified: Thu Oct 10 10:47:19 2019.